The strength of steel, the beauty of wood.
Let FirstShake be your last shake!
VanGalee FirstShake™ is a roofing shake, proudly developed, engineered and manufactured in Canada since 2016. A FirstShake roof is the last roof you’ll need for your home or commercial project.
A Permanent Roofing System
Formed from thick Galvalume® and appearing as natural wood or slate, FirstShake unites strength with beauty to protect for a lifetime.
As seen and heard on…
Introducing VanGalee FirstShake
A Lifetime Roof
VanGalee FirstShake is a permanent metal roofing system that protects your building from water penetration for the life of the building.
FirstShake is coated with the gold standard in metal protection, proven for its extreme long-term resistance to fading, chalking, chipping and peeling.
Metal Roofing Shingles
Enjoy the proven longevity of a metal roof with the natural look of wood or slate.
A Unique Style of Metal Roof
There is no metal roofing system quite like VanGalee FirstShake. This is a metal shake roofing system that stands alone in its performance, structure and design.
Like Cedar Shake Roofing—but Better
VanGalee FirstShake is a metal roofing shake that looks like traditional cedar shake roofing but offers much more long-term value and protection:
- looks like a cedar shake roof
- same thermal resistance as cedar
FirstShake roofing improves upon cedar shake roofing:
- does not rot
- highly resistant to moss and lichen growth
- no maintenance required
- lasts at least four times longer than a cedar shake roof
- and more…
Better than Standing Seam Metal Roofing
VanGalee FirstShake is a metal roofing shake that offers more than traditional standing seam metal roofing. Like a metal standing seam roof, FirstShake:
- withstands hurricane-force winds
- is hail resistant
- is fire-proof
Additional benefits of FirstShake:
- has two layers of insulated metal protection
- saves you money on energy costs
- is an extremely quiet roof
- does not “oil-can” like a standing seam metal roof
- easier and safer to install
- easier and safer to transport
- looks like cedar or slate
- and more…