Here’s a question for you:
Would you invest $10,000 in an asset that is guaranteed to go down in value?
Of course not!
Yet many do exactly this when they select a temporary roofing product for their roof.
If you purchase a roof that needs to be replaced in 20-30 years, you’re investing in a depreciating asset, your temporary roof.
Temporary roofs are also easily damaged by extreme weather events (like hail storms) that are becoming more common.
So whether you…
❯ end up selling,
❯ hanging on until the next re-roofing cycle,
❯ or experience an extreme weather event
…you’ll end up taking a loss for your temporary roof. *
*Only the roofing manufacturer wins.
Why can’t everybody win?
We’re VanGalee Manufacturing Inc..
We produce a roofing system that INCREASES in value.
In fact it doubles in value by the 25th year after installation!
This is because we use only proven materials that have been tested in the construction industry for over 50 years now.
These proven materials are also better able to handle extreme weather events.
Here’s how it works:
Step One – Install Your VanGalee Roof
A reputable local contractor, whom we have certified, installs your permanent VanGalee Roof System on your home or commercial property.
Step Two – Enjoy Peace of Mind
25 years after your roof is installed, your roof is worth at least 2x* as much as you paid for it.
This is because it’s a permanent roof + still looks new.
*due to inflation alone—not even incl. property value increases!
We produce quality roofing that doubles in value by the 25th year after installation.
A temporary roof declines in value over time.
The truth is, the value of a temporary roof starts to decrease the moment it’s installed.
Besides, why rely on a temporary roof to protect your real estate investment + its contents?
There is another option.
A roof that actually increases in value…
25-year old metal panel roof, due to be replaced
a permanent VanGalee FirstShake roof
With a VanGalee Roof System protecting your property, should you sell, the purchaser pays you a positive return on your roofing project.
This is because a VanGalee roof
- lasts the life of the building it protects
- looks new, even 50 years after installation
- is maintenance-free
- is worry-free
- saves on energy costs
- reduces insurance premiums
Learn how we can make these claims below.
Quality in each shingle
- VanGalee roofing is made from a steel called “Galvalume™” because has been treated with anti-rust agents zinc + aluminum.
- Bare, uncoated Galvalume is proven to last 60 years in the elements without showing rust or weakening.
- For added protection, our Galvalume is also coated with a coating proven for over 55 years now to resist sun damage like fading and chalking.
- Our Galvalume is also 20% thicker than standard metal roofing.
- Each Galvalume shingle contains an insulating foam core
- Each shingle has about the same thermal resistance as a piece of cedar shake roofing
The VanGalee Roofing System provides complete roof-top protection
Before / After VanGalee FirstShake
- Installed in overlapping courses, like a shake roof, VanGalee roofs provide two layers of insulated steel protection
- Roofing system breathes to release humidity
- Quality flashing detail at all roof-top penetrations like skylights, chimneys and vents
- Quality flashing detail at eaves, gables and valleys
- Installed by VanGalee-Certified installers only
Protection from extreme weather events
Extreme Weather Protection
- Non-flammable with a self-extinguishing coating
- Withstands 180 km/hr winds
- Exceeds the highest hail impact resistance rating for roofing
- Insurance companies have reduced their premiums by $600 per year for homes protected with a VanGalee Roof System
Stay warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer
Save Energy + Money
- 2 layers of roof-top insulation
- solar reflective coating
- roof system breathes to release humidity
- “cool roof” reduces energy footprint
Colour designs proven to not fade—even after 55 years!
- available in beautiful wood-grains and slate colour patterns
- unlimited custom colour options available
A better choice for our planet
- solar reflective coating + dual layer of roof-top insulation creates a “cool roof” and reduces energy consumption
- because you install a permanent roof, you eliminate roofing landfill waste caused by roofing with temporary roofing products like asphalt shingles
- a VanGalee roof is 100% recyclable
- because it is a permanent roof, it is perfect for roof-top solar panels.
Average Google Review Rating = 5.0 Stars
We are over the top happy with the process and fabulous results on our island home. Our house had simply outlasted its original metal roof. VanGalee FirstShake shingles installed by a team of upbeat superb professionals from Vanderleek Roofing has us beaming.
From the start communication was excellent. Calls and emails answered immediately. A thorough quote was given, AND was met.
The product is ideal for this forest setting where forest fire hazard is high and wood cedar shakes are not an option. The look works.
The craftsmanship we witnessed led us to include a redo of the dormers, as well. The team worked unbelievably efficiently and well. Gary Vanderleek was at the helm attending to every detail.
The payment schedule was clear, reasonable and managed expertly.
I love that my VanGalee FirstShake Vanderleek roof will always look like a newly done cedar shingle roof but with so many more advantages. Unlike the old style large metal sheets , that were up previously. these can be spot repaired (for example when I redo my electrical mast)
And it looks soooooo GOOD!
Oh and the work site and final clean up were spic and span
It was a pleasure to be taken care of so well.
Heartily recommend these experts and leaders in their field.
With gratitude Sooz Svensson and Jim MacLachlan
I have used First Shake’s Cedar metal roof at our LTC home in Calgary. It is a great product. Looks great. Debris simply glides off of it. Highly recommend A+
Installed metal shake on my commercial building in strathmore to replace the existing ribbed roof. Much better product and looks great!
Six years ago, I had my home reroofed with VanGalee FirstShake. Every day that I pull up to my driveway, I say to myself, “I have the best-looking roof I have ever seen.” I believe it is the most innovative and beautiful roof on the market. So much so that I quit my job and am now half owner in the company! This metal roof puts your standard metal ‘industrial’ looking roofs to shame. Why have plain, when you can have major BLING!
Thank you VanGalee! I still can’t get over how great my new roof looks compared to my old fiberglass laminate shingle roof. I wanted a long-term metal roof but didn’t like the industrial look that it has. But, this metal shake is just amazingly beautiful and surprisingly quiet.